Smoked Meatballs With Sweet and Sour Sauce
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 3/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs (Meatballs)
- 2 1/2 Yellow Onion, Minced (Meatballs)
- 3 1/2 Pounds 80/20 Ground Beef (Meatballs)
- 4 1 Egg (Meatballs)
- 5 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced (Meatballs)
- 6 1.5 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (Meatballs)
- 7 1 Tbsp Bacon Fat (Melted, Cooled) (Meatballs)
- 8 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (Meatballs)
- 9 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 10 1 Tbsp Cornstarch (Sauce)
- 11 1/4 Cup Water (Sauce)
- 12 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar (Sauce)
- 13 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (Sauce)
- 14 1/4 Cup Ketchup (Sauce)
- 15 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Sauce)
Looking for a quick and easy party recipe? This Smoked Meatballs recipe has a sweet and sour sauce that is sure to make them the hit of the party.
1. Prepare smoker grill for 375°F add mild smoking wood for smoke flavor.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, ground pork, melted bacon fat, onion, and breadcrumbs. Mix together with hands to coat. Let sit for a few minutes.
3. Add remaining meatball ingredients and mix with hands to combine.
4. Scoop out level tablespoons of the meat mixture and set on work surface. Roll each in hands to form a smooth meatball.
5. Spray down a racked baking tray with oil. Place meatballs on rack.
6. Bake/smoke for 30 minutes or until browned. Cook to at least 165°F internal temperature. Remove from heat and transfer meatballs to a large bowl immediately to avoid sticking.
7. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
8. Bring to simmer, stirring frequently. Then simmer until sauce thickens like maple syrup. (3-5 minutes)
9. Cover meatballs with sweet and sour sauce sauce. Transfer to a serving dish with toothpicks and remaining dipping sauce.
10. Keep warm and stir occasionally prior to serving.