Flat Iron® Steak Fajitas
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 (2) 2 lb. flat iron steaks
- 2 1 C. soy sauce
- 3 1½ C. pineapple juice
- 4 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 5 1½ Tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 6 3 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 7 1 Tsp. Original All-Purpose BBQ rub
- 8 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 9 1 yellow onion, sliced lengthwise
- 10 1-2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 11 (12) 6" flour tortillas
- 12 Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 13 Shredded cheese (optional)
- 14 Pico de Gallo and/or guacamole, for serving
- Whisk soy sauce, pineapple juice, cumin, garlic and lime juice together in a large bowl to make marinade. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag with flat iron steaks and gently shake to evenly coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or best overnight.
- Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add onions to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add peppers to pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season with 1 Tsp. of Original All-Purpose BBQ rub or your favorite rub. Remove pan from heat.
- Place steaks on grill for 5-7 minutes per side for medium rare. Steak is done when internal temperature reaches 140°F.
Slice steak across the grain. Place vegetables on a heated cast iron fajita platter. Place sliced Flat Iron steaks on top of the vegetables. Serve with tortillas, Pico de Gallo, cilantro and guacamole. Top with shredded cheese, if desired.