Cheesy Beef Burritos
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 40 Min
- 1 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 3 1 ½ C. hot fresh salsa, drained
- 4 2 C. sweet peppers, chopped
- 5 1 large red onion, chopped
- 6 3 Tbsp. fresh minced garlic
- 7 1 Tbsp. carne asada seasoning
- 8 6 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 9 28 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 10 Burrito size tortillas
1. Brown ground beef in a large cast iron skillet. Drain grease and set cooked beef aside in a large bowl. Do not wipe pan.
2. Sauté garlic, onions and peppers in the same pan until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Combine green chilies, fresh salsa, sweet peppers, onion, garlic and seasoning mix in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Add mix from Step 3 to bowl with ground beef and mix in 3 C. of shredded cheese to make burrito filling. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
5. Divide filling to fill six tortillas and wrap, placing seam side down in an oiled 9 x 13 baking dish.
6. Pour sauce over burritos and top with remaining cheese.
7. Place baking dish with burritos on the grill at 350°F for 40 minutes or until heated through.
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!