Arrachera (Skirt Steak) Tacos
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 10 Min
- 1 5 pounds of Skirt Steak
- 2 1 Package of Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 3 1 Whole White Onion- Chopped (Set 1/2 aside for taco toppings and use 1/2 for marinade)
- 4 1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
- 5 1 Bushel of Cilantro (10 Sprigs of Cilantro ,1/3 cup for the Marinade)
- 6 1/4 Cup Of Lime Juice
- 7 1/4 Cup Of Lemon Juice
- 8 1 Tablespoon of Kosher Salt
- 9 1 Tablespoon of Paprika
- 10 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
- 11 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- 12 1/2 Tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 13 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cumin
- 14 24 oz of Mexican Beer of your choosing (we used Modelo)
Taco Tuesday just got a makeover with our new Arrachera Taco recipe! Bursting with flavor, these tacos are sure to make your mouth water!
- In a gallon Ziploc bag combine the steak, white onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, beer, and all the dry ingredients into the bag and mix well. (Tip: You can split the recipe in half and put it in 2 separate bags to make it a little easier). Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When the meat is done marinating, and you're ready to cook, fire up your griddle by turning your burners on HIGH and hitting the ignitor.
- Once the griddle is hot, put a thin layer of cooking oil on the cooking surface. Start cooking your marinated skirt steak and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove the skirt steak and it set aside on a foil-lined tray. (Pro Tip: Warm your tortillas at this point on the griddle while it's still hot!)
- Slice the skirt steak against the grain and start building your taco. Place the meat in your warmed-up tortilla and top with cilantro, white onion, and hot sauce. Our favorite sauce is Valentina's Extra-Hot Sauce.
- That's it!! Fast, easy and delicious!! Sure to satisfy any customer!