Skirt Steak Tacos with Chimichurri
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 Skirt Steak
- 2 Favorite Taco Seasoning/Rub
- 3 Homemade Chimichurri: Marinade: 2/3 Cup Olive Oil, 1/2 Cup Orange Juice, 1/3 Cup Lime Juice. 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce, 1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce, 3 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic, 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions, 2 Tablespoons Of The Taco Seasoning.
- 4 Feta Cheese
- 5 Pico de Gallo (Pre-Made Or Homemade)
- 6 Flour Tortillas
I think tacos should be eaten everyday, not just on Tuesday! Take your taco game to the next level with these skirt steak tacos. Of course topped with delicious chimichurri sauce.
- First we’ll start by soaking the skirt steak in the marinade overnight. If pressed for time, rest in marinade for at least 2 hours. Combine all marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Pour mixture into a gallon zip-lock bag along with the steak and place into the refrigerator.
- For the chimichurri sauce, I used a bottle of Al Frugoni Chimichurri mix. Follow directions according to the bottle or whip up your own homemade mix!
- Ready to cook? Let's get started! Start by preheating your grill. This can be done over propone, charcoal or a flat top. Today I’m using my flat top. Set up for medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub down in your favorite taco seasoning/rub then place directly over heat and begin searing. Skirt steak is very thin, making it easy to cook. Be sure to flip at 3-4 minutes and check internal temperature often. I’m cooking mine to medium-rare which is about 130-135 internal temperature.
- Once done, remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 5-8 minutes. While the skirt is resting, go ahead and hit up your tortillas to your liking!
- Time to cut. On skirt steak the grain runs vertically. Very easy to see when preparing. You want to cut AGAINST the grain. Cut the steak into three sections, turn 90 degrees and then cut against the grain. You don’t want a rubbery taco!
- Combine all the ingredients into a tortilla to your liking, along with the chimichurri sauce and enjoy!