Shrimp Po' Boy with Garlic Parsley Butter
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 4 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 2 1/3 C. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 1 Tsp. Kosher salt
- 4 1 stick butter
- 5 20-25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ½ Tbsp. Creole/Cajun seasoning
- 7 2 Tbsp. Sazón seasoning
- 8 1 lemon, sliced in half
- 9 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (can substitute dried)
- 10 2-4 cloves chopped fresh garlic
- 11 3 Tbsp. garlic-parsley butter
- 12 Shredded lettuce
- 13 Tomato slices
- 14 Your favorite bread rolls, sliced lengthwise
- 15 Olive oil for drizzling
Garlic Parsley Butter
1. Combine 4 cloves chopped garlic, 1/3 C. chopped parsley, Kosher salt, and butter in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly by hand with gloves to make garlic parsley butter.
2. Place the bowl in refrigerator to chill and use when needed.
Shrimp Po' Boy
2. Place shrimp in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the seasonings to absorb. After 30 minutes, put shrimp on skewers or place in grill wok.
Add shrimp, lettuce and tomatoes to toasted bread rolls and enjoy!
Note: If you do not have a probe, take one shrimp and slice it to test for doneness. The meat should be white and moist inside. Using the Cajun/Creole seasonings will turn the shrimp orange, so you can’t tell they are done by looking at them from the outside.