Mr. John's Basil Chicken Pesto Burgers
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 Buns
- 2 Provolone
- 3 Tomato
- 4 Lettuce
- 5 Salt, Pepper (for the tomato)
- 6 Add enough olive oil (or oil of choice) to make a slurry.
- 7 Homemade Pesto (recipe to follow) or from a Jar (Boo!)
- 8 Boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded with mallet
- 9 Handful of fresh basil leaves
Not in the mood for a beef burger tonight? No worries, we've got you covered! These chicken pesto burgers will satisfy all of your cravings, and the best part is... they're super easy to make!
- Using the AKORN, I chose the adjustable grate. Other grills would be set up for direct heat.
- Heat grill to 400-450
- Grill the chicken breasts direct heat 2 minutes per side. At max of 3 on the flip side.
- We want to ensure internal temperature of 165 and not dry them out (they will be thin and cook quick).
Tip: you may put whatever toppings you like on your basil chicken pesto burger. I do recommend provolone as the cheese and pesto, however.