Lemon Pepper Wings
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 45 Min
- 1 2-3Lb Chicken Wings & Drums
- 2 1.5 Tsp Dried Lemon Zest (Approx. 5 Lemons)
- 3 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 1 Tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 5 1.5 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 6 1.5 Tsp Onion Powder
- 7 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 6 Tbs Butter
- 9 1.5 Tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 10 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Zest (Approx. 1 Lemon)
- 11 1 Lemon (Juiced)
It’s that time of the year when Char-Griller Ambassador Sebastian Kaine of @bbqfiends Valley Lemon tree blooms and produces some of the best lemons we have ever had! Char-Griller Ambassador Sebastian Kaine of @bbqfiends Lemon Pepper Wings are by far our favorite use of the lemons and make for a good meal or snack for the family!
1. Collect lemon zest from approximately 5 lemons. Bake lemon zest in an oven on lowest setting until it has completely dried out (20-30 minutes). In a small shaker combine dried lemon zest, 1 Tsp black pepper, ½ garlic powder, ½ onion powder.
2. Apply a 1 Tbsp of Olive oil onto the wings to help act as a binder for the rub. Generously coat the wings on all sides with the lemon pepper rub.
3. Heat grill to 375 F. Place chicken wings on the grill once the grill has reached desired temperature.
4. In a heat safe bowl combine butter,1 ½ black pepper, 1 Tsp fresh lemon zest, and the juice of 1 lemon. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to let simmer.
5. Once the chicken has reached an internal temp of at least 165 F you can remove from the grill and place in a large bowl. Toss the wings in the lemon pepper sauce mixture. Serve and enjoy!