Breakfast Bomb - Homemade Stuffed Breakfast Sausage
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 Pork Sausage - 1 Lb
- 2 5 Eggs
- 3 Bacon - 2 Strips
- 4 Hash Browns - 1/4 Cup
- 5 Shredded Cheese
- 6 Salt & Pepper to Taste
BBQ Fiends created what we think sounds like one of the best breakfasts ever. Instead of the standard, sausage with your breakfast, he filled the sausage with all of the other breakfast ingredients.
These sausages are stuffed with hash browns, eggs and cheese so you'll definitely stay full all day!
1. Begin by pre-heat the grill to 325 F.
2. As the grill is getting up to temp start to create the filling for the sausage. Scramble your eggs and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook bacon and hash-browns to preference. Combine all ingredients together to use for the filling.
Tip: Remove the eggs from the heat before they are completely finished, as they will finish once they are on the grill.
4. Lay the pork sausage out flat in a rectangle shape making sure it is evenly spread out. Place your filling in the middle and add cheese on top if desired.
Tip: Remember that the sausage has to close around the filling so if needed remove some of the filling to help with closing and shaping the sausage into a log shape.
5. Bring all edges of the sausage to the top to enclose the filling. Ensure that the filling can no longer be seen and the sausage has completely enclosed it in a log shape.
6. Place on the grill at 325 F cooking on indirect heat.
7. Once the sausage is cooked and the internal temp reads 165 F it is time to pull. (This will be around the hour mark)
8. Cut the log into slices and serve with your favorite syrup!