Smoked Beer Can Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 2.5 Min
- 1 1 Whole Chicken (4-5 Lbs)
- 2 3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 2 Tbsp of Salt
- 4 2 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 5 2 Tbsp of Dry Rub of Choice
- 6 1 Can of Beer of Choice
There’s no doubt you’ve seen this classic prepared more times than a few, but have YOU ever made it? Get your smoker rollin’ and get your taste buds ready to prepare this smoked spin on Beer Can Chicken
- Combine seasonings and spices in a bowl to prepare the ultimate rub for chicken.
- Coat the entire chicken with olive oil then season(including the cavity) with the rub and store the remainder in an airtight container for a future cook.
- Preheat the smoker to 225-275 degrees by adding desired coals to your Side Fire Box
- If you do not own a Side Fire Box, you can still enjoy the smoking experience. Simply arrange coals opposite of where you plan to place the chicken. If you will sit the chicken in the middle of the grill, arrange coals on the perimeter, and so on.
- Pour out (or drink!) ¼ to ½ of the can of beer.
- Place the chicken at the center of the grill on top of the beer can with the chicken legs and beer can holding it up.
- Close the smoker and allow chicken to cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (around 2 hours).
- Remove chicken and wrap in aluminum foil or butcher paper, allowing to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve warm, enjoy!