- - 1¼ lb. ground turkey
- - 1 large Portobello mushroom cap
- - 1 Tbsp. shallot, coarsely chopped
- - 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- - 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- - 1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- - 8 thin slices white cheddar cheese
- - 4 Hamburger buns
- - Salt and pepper, to taste
- - Avocado slices, for topping
- - Condiments of choice
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Clean the mushroom cap, remove the gills and cut into 1” pieces. Transfer to a food processor and add the shallot and parsley; pulse until chopped.
2. Combine mushroom mixture, turkey, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tsp. salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Mix by hand until just blended. Divide into 4 balls, and form 1” thick patties. Put on a large plate, cover and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Grill the patties for 4- 5 minutes on each side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks. Top each with 2 slices of cheese during the last 3 minutes of cooking and allow cheese to melt. Toast hamburger buns on the grill until lightly browned. Allow burgers to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve the turkey burgers on hamburger buns and top with avocado slices and condiments of choice.