Prep Time: 35 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1¼ lb. ground turkey
- 2 1 large Portobello mushroom cap
- 3 1 Tbsp. shallot, coarsely chopped
- 4 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 5 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 7 8 thin slices white cheddar cheese
- 8 4 Hamburger buns
- 9 Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 Avocado slices, for topping
- 11 Condiments of choice
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Clean the mushroom cap, remove the gills and cut into 1” pieces. Transfer to a food processor and add the shallot and parsley; pulse until chopped.
2. Combine mushroom mixture, turkey, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tsp. salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Mix by hand until just blended. Divide into 4 balls, and form 1” thick patties. Put on a large plate, cover and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Grill the patties for 4- 5 minutes on each side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks. Top each with 2 slices of cheese during the last 3 minutes of cooking and allow cheese to melt. Toast hamburger buns on the grill until lightly browned. Allow burgers to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve the turkey burgers on hamburger buns and top with avocado slices and condiments of choice.