Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 2 Gallons (8 Quarts) Water
- 2 2 Cups Apple Juice
- 3 1 1/2 Cups Kosher Salt
- 4 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 5 1/4 Cup Black Peppercorns
- 6 3 Chicken Bullion Cubes
- 7 1 Bulb Garlic
- 8 3 Oranges
- 9 3 Lemons
- 10 Bundle of Rosemary, Thyme, And Sage
Want the most tender, juicy results for your turkey this holiday season? Whether you're roasting, baking or smoking, all delicious turkey starts with the right brine. And lucky for you, we've got one right here!
- Boil 2 quarts of water
- Once boiled turn off heat and dissolve the salt, brown sugar, and chicken bullion cubes
- Add in the black peppercorns and 2 cups of apple juice and continue whisking
- Cut the garlic bulb in half and add directly in
- Cut and juice the oranges and lemons
- Lastly add in the herbs and your brine is done!
- Mix this brine with the remaining 6 quarts of ice cold water
- In a large brining bag or clean bucket, add your brine and turkey to chill in the refrigerator overnight
- Let your turkey soak overnight for 24 hours
- Make sure your brine is ice cold before you give your turkey a bath!
- If your turkey isn’t fully submerged, just add more water!
- P.S. you will be nominated to make turkey every year after this!