Flat Iron® Griddle Tomato Soup Grilled Cheese
Prep Time: 2 Min | Cook Time: 8 Min
- 1 8 Slices of Bread (Your Favorite Kind)
- 2 4 Slices of Cheese (Your Favorite Kind)
- 3 2 Tomatoes (Cut Into 8 Slices)
- 4 8 Leaves of Fresh Basil
- 5 1 Tbsp of Garlic Salt
- 6 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Name a more iconic duo than grilled cheese and tomato soup- I’ll wait!!
What if I said we were going to combine the two inside one perfectly griddle sandwich? Today we’re taking the flavors from tomato basil soup and adding them to our grilled cheese for a delicious spin on a spectacular classic. I’m even making some vegan and gluten free, so everyone can take part in the fun! Let’s dig in!
1.Make sure your Char-Griller Flat Iron Griddle is seasoned and ready for use! Turn Griddle on medium low heat, and preheat for 5-10 minutes.
2. Drizzle bread with olive oil, and sprinkle slices with garlic salt. Arrange on Flat Iron Griddle, and let the bread begin to toast for 2 minutes.
3. Next, layer your Slice of bread with cheese, slices of tomato, and basil. Arrange the rest of the ingredients on the bread and the cheese to melt, about 5 more minutes.
4. Fold opposite half onto it’s match, and pull sandwiches from Griddle. Cut in half, and enjoy!