Spicy Caribbean Shrimp
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 6-8 Min
- 1 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Pineapple cubes
- 3 2 C. pineapple juice
- 4 ½ C. coconut milk
- 5 ¼ C. dark rum
- 6 4 habanero peppers, cored and seeded
- 7 2 Tsp. lime juice
- 8 Your favorite jerk seasoning, to taste
- Pre-heat grill to 400°F. Combine pineapple juice, coconut milk, dark rum, habanero peppers and lime juice in a blender and mix well.
- Place shrimp and pineapple cubes on to bamboo skewers and add marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator no longer than 30 minutes in a non-reactive pan, i.e. ceramic or glass. The acid from the lime juice and pineapple juice will cook the shrimp (like in a ceviche) if left in longer.
- Remove shrimp skewers from marinade and season to taste on both sides with jerk seasoning. Discard marinade.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side at 400°F, until shrimp is pink and opaque.
Remove from grill and serve!