Smoked n' Sauced Turkey Wings and Legs
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 8 to 25 Hour Marinade | 4 to 5 Hour Smoke Hrs
- 1 Turkey Wings and Legs
- 2 1 Cup Spice Rub of Choice
- 3 1/3 Cup Char-Griller Chicken Rub
- 4 1/4 Cup Half Coarse Salt and Half Ground Pepper
- 5 1 Gallon Water
- 6 1.5 Qt Ice Cubes
- 7 Butter of Choice for Basting
- 8 Char-Griller Original Rub to Taste
- 9 Apple Juice for Spritzing
- 10 BBQ Sauce of Choice
Think you can only get those awesome smoked turkey legs at the fair? Think again. This Smoked and Sauced Turkey Wings and Legs recipe from Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens gives you the same epic flavor right in your backyard.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Meat resting: 8-24 hours
1. Rinse turkey wings and legs thoroughly.
2. In large pot/bowl pour one gallon of water.
3. Add Blues Hog Pork Marinade Mixture: 1 cup.
4. Add Char-griller Grills Chicken Rub: 1/3 cup.
5. Add Coarse salt & pepper 50/50: ¼ cup.
6. Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a whisk.
7. Add Ice cubes: 1.5 Qt to the mixture.
8. Cover and place in refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
Turkey Wing and Leg Preparation Instructions
Time: 10 minutes
1. Remove pot/bowl from the refrigerator.
2. Remove turkey wings and turkey legs from the pot/pan.
3. Pat dry turkey wings and legs on all sides.
4. Apply Pig Stand Cajun Garlic Butter on first sides with a baster.
5. Then apply Queen Bee All Purpose Cajun Seasoning & Char-griller Grills Original Rub to taste.
6. Pour Apple juice in spritzer for spritzing while smoking.
Cook Time: 4-5 hours/Internal temperature 175°
1. Preheat your Char-griller Ceramic smoker/grill to 220°
Tip: Ignite charcoal first, then add favorite smoking wood.
2. Add Smokin’ Stone & drip pan filled with water to the smoker/grill.
3. Add Turkey wings and legs to the smoker/grill. Added the wings on the warming rack and the legs on the grill grates.
4. Spritz every hour with apple juice and rotate.
5. Maintaining your fire is key, make sure to check on your vents to ensure your temperature doesn’t rise or lower.
6. Rotate and flip Turkey wings and legs periodically.
7. When the turkey wings and legs reach internal temperature 175°, apply Blues Hog Smokey Mountain Sauce on all sides.
8. Smoke for additional 15 minutes.
9. Remove turkey wings and legs from the smoker.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!