Smoked Italian Meatball Subs
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 30 Min
- 1 ½ Pound Ground Chuck
- 2 ½ Pound Ground Pork
- 3 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 5 1 Egg
- 6 Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 7 Fresh Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 Pasta sauce of your liking
- 9 Two Sub Buns/Rolls
Are you craving Italian food but tired of pizza and pasta? Then you need to cook up our smoked Italian Meatball Subs! Packed with melty cheese and flavorful meatballs, these subs are going to be a dinner-time game changer!
- Heat AKORN to 250/300f and put in smoking stone and grates.
- Mix ground chuck, ground pork, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, and egg together in a bowl.
- After everything is mixed well form meatballs a little bigger than a golf ball.
- Once AKORN up to temperature, place meatballs on the grill near the center.
- Cook meatballs till internal temp are 155F.
- Once meatballs are done, remove from the AKORN.
- Place cooked meatballs in sub rolls and cover meatballs with pasta sauce and top with Mozzarella cheese and Parsley.
- Place warming rack in AKORN.
- Put subs on the warming rack until the bread has a light toast and cheese is melted.