Smoked Classic Apple Pie
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 45 Min
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3 1.5 Cups of Flour
- 4 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- 5 6 Cups of Apples
- 7 1/4 Cup Flour (Filling)
- 8 3/4 Cup of Sugar (Filling)
- 9 1 tsp Cinnamon (Filling)
- 10 Dash Salt (Filling)
- 11 2 Tbsp Butter (Filling)
There's just something different about anything you make outside on a grill. With just the right amount of smoke, we're gonna push this American classic over the edge and make it a next-level crowd pleaser. Here's Cookout Coach's Smoked Apple Pie Recipe.
1. Load Char-Griller AKORN with charcoal and light ¾ chimney full of charcoal. Once the chimney is completely lit, add it to the AKORN along with one chunk of applewood.
2. Place the Cooking Stone in place along with the grate and allow the AKORN to come up to 375 degrees with no visible smoke.
3. Core, peel, and quarter 6 cups worth of apples and set aside.
4. Combine crust ingredients together until the dough is formed
5. Add pie filling ingredients to the cut apples and work it in gently. Once there are no more visible dry ingredients, place the mixture to the side.
6. Either roll out or use your hands to form the crust into a pie pan and cover the bottom and sidewalls.
7. Add apple mixture into the pie pan keeping the apples as even as possible.
8. Add 2 Tbsp of butter and 2 Tbsp of caramel to the top of the apples.
9. Roll out the remaining dough to make a cover for the pie, place cover over the pie, and pinch together where the top meets the sides.
10. Cut 4 slits in the top of the pie.
11. Place pie pan on the grate at 375 degrees. And let cook for 45 min or until the top of the crust is golden brown.
12. Remove from grill and let cool. Slice and enjoy.