Smoked Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 3.5 Hrs
- 1 1 Small Chicken (4 to 6 lbs)
- 2 1/2 Cup Char-Griller Chicken Rub
- 3 1 Can of Beer
- 4 1/3 Cup Veggie Cream Cheese
- 5 1/3 Cup Blue Cheese Dressing
- 6 1/3 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 7 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 1/2 tsp Salt
- 9 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 10 Celery, Carrots, Baguette, Crackers For Dipping
Char-Griller Ambassador and Private Chef Aubrey Johansen made this epic twist on Buffalo Chicken Dip by smoking her chicken!
From Aubrey: I don’t know who needs to hear this, but SMOKED CHICKEN BELONGS IN BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP! It’s football season, and if you’re a fan of the games, or a fan of the snacks (hello, it’s me), this smoky twist will truly take your tailgating to the next level. Let’s dig in.
1. Fill a chimney with charcoal, and 3-4 small pieces of mesquite. Light, and let coals get hot. Add to smoke box, and adjust the air-flow to a small flow to ensure temperatures sit right around 275.
2. Rub chicken with Char-Griller Chicken Rub, and “stand up” on beer can. Place in smoker, close lid, and let smoke for 3 hours, until chicken is done and has reached 165 internal degrees. Let cool, then shred.
3. Preheat oven to 375, and mix 1.5 cups shredded chicken with cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and salt & pepper.
4. Transfer to an oven safe dish, and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
5. Serve with your favorite items for dipping. Enjoy!