Smoked Bone-in Pork Shoulder Steak
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 2 Hrs
- 1 Bone-in Pork Shoulder Steaks (1 1/2 to 2 in. thick) - 2
- 2 Char-Griller Rib Rub- To Your Tasting
- 3 Cranberry Juice - 1/2 Cup
- 4 BBQ Sauce - 1/2 Bottle
- 5 Apple Wood/Charcoal
BBQ Fiends take on this bone-in pork shoulder steak transforms this steak into a tender and juicy piece of meat that falls apart just like pulled pork! Because this cut is from the pork shoulder it is jam packed with flavor and easy to cook. Plus, it comes out so tender you can cut with a plastic fork, enjoy!
1. Season both sides of the pork steaks liberally with Char-Griller Rib Rub. Set aside and to allow the steaks to marinate. Begin prepping the fire to 275 F. *Tip* Put a water pan inside your smoker to allow for extra moisture.
2. Once the smoker has reached 275 F put the pork steaks onto the grill and let the smoker do the work.
3. Around the 45-minute mark pull the steaks and wrap individually with foil and add ¼ of the cranberry juice to each foil packet. Put back on the smoker at 275 F.
4. Once the steaks reach around 198 F take them out of the foil packet and sauce with your favorite BBQ sauce. Put back in smoker for another 10 minutes to let the sauce settle.
5. Pull the steaks from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!