Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 3-4 Hrs
- 1 1 6-8 Lb. Pork Belly
- 2 1/3 Cup of Kosher Salt
- 3 2 Tsp of Pink Curing Salt
- 4 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 5 1/4 Cup of Honey
- 6 2 1/2 Tbsp of Paprika
- 7 2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 8 1 Tsp of Cumin
Bacon is a universal favorite. Period. Try your hand at curing and smoking your own bacon, where you’ll determine the flavor and smokiness and can experiment with every smoke!
- Rinse your pork belly and pat it as dry as possible with paper towels.
- Place in a plastic bag, thoroughly combining with all seasonings. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 7-10 days, flipping once per day until the belly grows firm. The amount of days depends on how thick the pork belly is.
- Remove the pork belly from the bag, rinse and thoroughly pat it dry. To ensure it’s completely dry, you may place it on a rack uncovered in the fridge for 24-48 hours.
- Preheat your smoker to 200°F. Smoke the belly for 3-4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Optionally remove the rind, then allow it to chill in the fridge for 4-5 hours before slicing and cooking as desired.