Smoked and Stuffed Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 80 Min
- 1 1.5 Lbs Ground Beef
- 2 1/4 Cup Pork Panko (Ground Pork Rinds)
- 3 1 Tbsp Favorite BBQ Spice Rub
- 4 1/2 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 5 1/2 White Onion (Finely Diced)
- 6 3 Cloves Garlic (Finely Minced)
- 7 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 1 Large Egg
- 9 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 10 4 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, Cut Roughly 1/2 Square Pieces
- 11 1 Cup Sugar Free Barbecue Sauce
These homemade Smoker and Stuffed meatballs are the perfect recipe for family gatherings. The hand-rolled meatballs are packed with herbs & cheese, then cooked with delicious hardwood smoke.
Instructions1. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees with your favorite wood.
2. While preheating, mix together the Panko, spice rub, thyme, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, egg and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl Add in the ground beef and mix until incorporated.
3.Place a ball of the ground beef mixture in the palm of your hand, flatten, and place a piece of the cheese in the center. Fold up the sides of the meat mixture to completely cover the cheese and roll into a ball.
4.Place in a large cast iron skillet. Repeat until finished. Smoke at 225 for 45-50 min until they reach a temp of 155. Remove skillet and cover the meatballs in the BBQ sauce. Put back in your smoker and continue to cook for 15-20 mins or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.