Smoked and Smothered Pork Chops
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 45 Min
- 1 2 Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops-1 1/4 Inches Thick
- 2 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 1/4 Cup Canola or Corn Oil
- 4 1 Medium Yellow Onion Sliced Thinly
- 5 1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced Thinly
- 6 2 Large Garlic Cloves Smashed and Minced
- 7 4 Cups Chicken Stock (Keep It Warm On The Stove)
- 8 Big Moe Cason's Pork Rub or Your Favorite Seasoning For the Chops
- 9 Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- 10 For Bring: 8 Cups of Water, 4 Cups Of Ice, Fresh Rosemary, Fresh Thyme, 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt, 1 Tbsp Sugar, 1 tbsp Whole Black Peppercorns, 2 Large Garlic Cloves
These Smoked and Smothered Pork Chops are delicious! This recipe is the perfect combination of savory and smoky flavors covered in a delicious gravy. This recipe is sure to impress your guests!
- Bring the water to a boil and add the sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Add all the ice and stir. Add the peppercorns, garlic, and herbs.
- Once the brine is completely cooled, add the pork chops to the brine. You can use a different container as long as everything fits.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours. Smoke the brined pork chops at 250 degrees until they reach an internal temperature of 130 degrees.
- While the chops are smoking, you can make your gravy.
- Start by heating the oil over medium low heat for 2 minutes. Add half of the flour to the oil and stir until smooth. Add the remaining flour gradually until you have a smooth paste(roux). Keep stirring the roux until it is a chocolate color. When your roux is dark brown, add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for four minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add half of the warm chicken stock. Stir until all lumps are gone.
- Gradually stir in the remaining stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the smoked chops and simmer 35-45 minutes until fork tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.