Red White & Blue French Toast on the Flat Iron®
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1 loaf of brioche bread (cut into 8-10 slices)
- 2 4 eggs
- 3 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 4 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 2 Tablespoons sugar (for batter)
- 7 4 Tablespoons butter (for griddle surface)
- 8 1/2 Cup blueberries
- 9 1/2 Cup raspberries
- 10 1/2 Cup sliced strawberries
- 11 1 Tbsp granulated Sugar (for berries)
- 12 Whipped cream
This French Toast recipe has a patriotic twist that is perfect for The Fourth of July, Labor Day, or any day in-between! This Red White & Blue French Toast dish perfectly combines French toast prepared on the Flat Iron Griddle with a delicious mixture of blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
1. At least 1 hour before cooking the French toast prepare the berries. Rinse and wash all berries. Place blueberries, black berries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries to a large bowl, add sugar and gently mix. The sugar will draw moisture from the fruit and create a syrup.
2. Turn griddle on the medium heat. Whisk and combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and sugar in a shallow dish. Butter the griddle once it has reach medium heat, dunk bread into egg mixture, place on the griddle and fry each slice until it turns a nice golden brown.
3. Plate your finished slices, top with the mixed berries, a healthy dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!