Pork Panko Tonkatsu
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1 Pork Chop
- 2 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 1 tsp. Pepper
- 5 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 6 1 Egg
- 7 1/2 cup Pork Panko
- 8 Almond Oil
- 9 1 tbsp. Katsu Sauce
- 10 1 tbsp. Mayo
- 11 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 12 Jasmine Rice, cooked
If you have pork chops on hand and you're looking for a new way to cook them, this Pork Panko Tonkatsu recipe is for you! Bring Asian cuisine to your backyard on the grill!
- Slice pork chop into two pieces so each piece is 1/2 inch thick.
- In a bowl, mix in garlic powder, salt, and pepper with almond flour.
- In two separate bowls, whisk egg and 1 tbsp. of water. In the other, add in pork panko.
- Dip pork chops in almond flour mixture, then egg wash, and then into the pork panko. Make sure each piece has a nice even coat.
- Heat up your grill and place your large cast iron pan on top. Add almond oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is at 340F, place pork cutlets in and fry until color turns golden brown, about 5-8 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Let rest for about three minutes, then slice.
- In a small bowl, mix sriracha and mayo to make a spicy sauce.
- Serve with a side of jasmine rice with katsu sauce and the sriracha mayo sauce.