Poor Mans Burnt Ends
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time:
- 1 2.5 To 3 Lb Chuck Roast
- 2 Char-Griller Sweet And Spicy Rub
- 3 Pink Butcher Paper Or Foil
- 4 BBQ Sauce Of Your Choice
- 5 Foil Pan
If you're in the mood for burnt ends and don't have any brisket available to use, this Poor Mans Burnt Ends recipe from @BeardedBeastBBQ will do the trick. You'll be using roast instead, and the finished result is just as delicious!
- Trim off any access fat from roast.
- Cover the roast with your rub.
- Place on smoker at 275 degrees - I used my AKORN® Jr. for this recipe.
- Pull roast at 165 degree internal temperature.
- Wrap in butcher paper or foil, place back on grill.
- Pull roast back off at 203 degrees internal temp. Remove paper or foil and slice into cubes.
- Place cubed roast into a foil pan and coat with your BBQ sauce and sprinkle a little more rub and mix it around until all the cubes are covered.
- Cover pan with some foil and return to smoker for 30-45 minutes.
- Pull off smoker and uncover, let them rest for 10 minutes and enjoy.