“Poor Man’s” Burnt Ends
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 5 Hrs
- 1 Chuck Roast
- 2 Char-Griller Steak Rub
- 3 Yellow Mustard (Binder)
- 4 BBQ Sauce
- 5 Butter
- 6 Brown Sugar
- 7 Honey
Looking for a way to cook a chuck roast? This Poor Man's Burnt Ends recipe is the perfect way to put it to good use! You'll be left with smoky, tender, savory, and flavorful BBQ bites.
- Slather your chuck roast with yellow mustard to act as a binder.
- Season the roast liberally with Char-Griller Steak Rub.
- Fire up your Triple-Play offset smoker and dial the temperature in to about 250*F .
- Let the roasts smoke for about 3 hours or until an internal temp of 165*F is reached.
- From there we are ready to wrap the chuck roasts. Add some butter in the foil and let them smoke for an additional 2 hours or until 195*F is reached.
- Unwrap the roasts and cube them up into roughly 1” cubes.
- Add the cubes in a foil tray and top with your favorite BBQ sauce, brown sugar, honey, and more butter.
- Add the tray back into the smoker and smoke for the last 15 minutes.
- You are left with smoky, tender, and flavorful BBQ bites.
- We sprinkled some crispy onions on top for a little crunch.
- Use a thermometer to make sure your BBQ comes out great.