Grilled & Smoked Pizza Ribs
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 4 Hrs
- 1 Full Slab Of Spare Ribs
- 2 Olive Oil: binder, To Taste
- 3 Magic Pizza & Pasta Seasoning: to taste
- 4 Italian Seasoning Blend: Garlic Powder, Salt, Red Pepper Flakes & Italian Seasoning Blend Mixture, to taste
- 5 Marinara Sauce: to taste
- 6 Pepperoni: 10 slices
- 7 Mozzarella Cheese: to taste
Try out this Grilled & Smoked Pizza Ribs recipe if you're looking for a fun way to add a twist to a traditional recipe!
- Flip the ribs over so the bones are facing up. Remove the flap meat and set aside for rib tip prep later. Remove the membrane and discard. Remove any access fat.
- Apply coating of olive oil as the binder on both sides of the ribs.
Tip: don't apply the olive or rubs on the sides of the ribs. This helps the exposed bones from getting burnt during the grilling/smoking process.
- Using the Magic Pizza & Pasta and Italian Seasoning Blend, season both sides of the ribs. -Tip: seasoning the bottom of the ribs first will help prevent the top/meat side seasonings from being messy.
- Ribs are now ready to be smoked.
- Fire up the Char-Griller AKORN® with lump charcoal to high heat.
- Grill the ribs for one-two minutes on the meat side down on the cooking grate.
- Flip the ribs so the meat side is facing up and grill for one-two minutes.
- Using a grill grate lifter, lift the grill grate and move off to the side of the grill. Quickly add your favorite smoking wood and insert the Char-Griller Smokin' Stone and place grill grate with meat back in the AKORN®.
- Lock in the temperature when it hits a temperature roughly of 300°. Adjust the top damper to setting 2 and bottom damper to setting 0.5.
- Spritz with a Magic Pizza & Pasta Water mixture every 30 minutes and rotate ribs.
- After smoking for 2-3 hours add the marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese & pepperoni to the ribs and smoke for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove ribs allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.