Oklahoma Onion Burgers
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1 Lb 80/20 Ground Beef
- 2 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 3 4 Slices American Cheese
- 4 4 Potato Rolls
- 5 Yellow Mustard
- 6 Salt & Pepper
When it comes to good burgers, the options are truly endless, whether it be smash burgers, Juicy Lucy, or even veggie burgers. Next to check off your burger bucket list, we've got these awesome Oklahoma Onion Burgers delivering on cheesy, charred bliss.
1. Slice the onions as thin as you can - translucent
2. Make 4 balls from your ground beef - approx. 3 oz. each
3. Over high heat, place ground beef balls on the griddle
4. Put a healthy helping of sliced onions on each ball
5. Flatten them like you are making smash burgers - use parchment paper to keep from sticking
6. Once you see some browning on the edges, flip over - onions and all
7. Smash those guys down again
8. Place 1 slice of American cheese on each patty
9. Place the lid of the bun on the cheese - this will let the rolls take in some of the meat/onion goodness. Lean the bottom rolls up against each patty.
10. Once the cheese is melted, remove it from heat
11. Add 3-4 pickles on each burger and some yellow mustard.