Memphis-style Dry Ribs
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 5 Hrs
- 1 3 racks of ribs
- 2 Ribs BBQ rub, to taste
- 3 Apple juice
- 4 Brown sugar
- 5 Honey
- 6 12 oz. bottle of squeeze butter
1. Rinse rib racks and pat dry with paper towel. Remove membrane from each rack by carefully prying back using the back of a sharp knife. Discard membrane. Flip racks and trim loose ends and excess fat.
Tip: Use a paper towel to help hold the membrane, as it’s slippery.
2. Season ribs generously with Ribs BBQ Rub, or your favorite rub.
3. When setting up the grill, use a full chimney of unlit charcoal in the attached Side Fire Box and pour another ½ chimney of hot coals on top to ensure good smoke and a temperature of 275°F. Add Applewood chunks on top.
4. Adjust the charcoal grate to the highest setting in the main compartment. Place an aluminum pan on the grate and fill halfway with apple juice. Smoke ribs for 1 hour and mist with apple juice. Close lid and smoke for another 3 hours.
5. After 3 hours, remove ribs from grill and wrap. Before wrapping, spread a generous layer of brown sugar, butter and honey onto aluminum foil. Place ribs meat side down and wrap securely.
6. Transfer wrapped ribs to the grill and smoke at 275°F for another hour. Carefully drain juices before slicing and serving.