Mediterranean Chicken & Mushroom Burger Bowls
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: Ten Min
- 1 Ground Chicken Breast - 1 Lb
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms - 1 Lb
- 3 Fresh Basil & Parsley - 1/2 Cup
- 4 1 Egg
- 5 Crumbled Feta - 1/3 Cup
- 6 1 Tbs Salt - For Burgers
- 7 Cucumber - 2 Cups
- 8 Grape Tomatoes - 2 Cups
- 9 Crumbled Feta - 1/2 Cup for Salad
- 10 Fresh Basil & Parsley - 1/2 Cup for Salad
- 11 Red Wine Vinegar - 1/4 Cup
- 12 Olive Oil - 1/4 Cup
- 13 Salt and Pepper to Taste for Salad
Ambassador Aubrey Johanson of @thatswhatsheeats came up with a blended burger, ditched the bun, and added some fresh veggies. A lighter burger option for people who want to eat a little healthier or are following keto, Aubrey runs through how she created these Mediterranean Chicken & Mushroom Burger Bowls.
Not only is adding mushrooms to your burger blend delicious, but it also provides a ton of moisture to what could be a drier protein, like ground chicken breast. Adding mushrooms is a great way to cut back on meat consumption for the summer and still have that delicious cookout meal. I love to add mushrooms and herbs to burger blends for a bowl. Pair these burgers with my favorite summer cucumber salad, and you’ll have a new cook-out favorite.
1. In a blender, add mushrooms, egg, herbs, and salt. Pulse until mushrooms are broken down. Add mixture to ground chicken, and crumble feta. Combine, and form into 6 burger patties.
2. Preheat grill to high, and spray some cooking spray on the grates. Grill each burger for 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
3. While burgers are cooking, make the cucumber salad. Cut cucumbers and tomatoes, chop the herbs, and mix with feta, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Build your burger bowl! Fill a bowl with greens, a big serving of cucumber salad, and a chicken mushroom burger on top. Enjoy!