Maple-Dijon Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 1 Lb chicken breast (Cut In Half Lengthwise and Then In Half Again)
- 2 1/2 Lb Sharp Cheddar Slices
- 3 1/2 Lb Sharp Cheddar Slices
- 4 1 Medium Apple (Sliced Thin)
- 5 1/4 Cup Red Onion (Sliced Thin)
- 6 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro (Leaves Only)
- 7 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 8 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 9 2 T Maple Syrup
- 10 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 11 1 Tsp Salt
- 12 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 13 4 Burger Buns (Brioche or Any Choice)
You’re going to need two hands for this one! My Ultimate Fall Grilled Chicken Sandwich towers above the rest- layered with maple-dijon grilled chicken breast on the Char-Griller, sharp cheddar, and an apple salad on top. It’s bright, sweet, savory, and the perfect “pumpkin patch but it’s still 80 degrees outside” meal. let’s do it.
1. Preheat your Char-Griller to high heat. Scrape grates clean and spray with a high-heat non-stick spray.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and salt in a jar, and shake till combined. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken and let it marinate while your grill heats up!
3. Next, add greens, cilantro, onion, and apple slices to a large bowl
4. Take marinated chicken to the grill. Grill on each side for 3 mins. Since the chicken is a thin cutlet, cook time is quicker! Once the chicken is cooked through on both sides, turn off the heat, and add slices of cheese to each piece. Close the grill and let cheese melt for 1-2 mins. Toast your buns at this time, too.
5. Pull chicken and buns from the grill, toss your salad with the remaining dressing, and pile your toasted buns with 2 pieces of the chicken, and a handful of salad. These sandwiches go perfectly with sweet potato fries for the Ultimate Fall dinner! Enjoy!