Maple Bourbon Glazed Smoked Chicken Breast
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 60 Min
- 1 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- 3 1/4 cup of bourbon
- 4 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 Char-Griller Chicken Seasoning
Who says maple is just for pancakes? Certainly not us! Combining maple bourbon glaze with smoked chicken makes for a delicious pairing of flavors. This recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
1. Get the AKORN started with some lump charcoal and Hickory chunks and place smoking stone in AKORN.
2. Season the chicken well with your favorite spice blend.
3. Once grill is up to temp (250 to 300f) place chicken on grill and cook with indirect heat.
4. Once chicken is on the grill it's time to make the glaze.
To make the Maple Bourbon Glaze:
5. Add your apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and bourbon to a pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
6. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer until it is thickened to a glaze consistency.
7. When chicken breast reach an internal temp of 165F, brush the glaze on them.
8. Let the chicken cook with the glaze on them for about 15 mins to set the glaze on the chicken breast.
9. Take the glazed chicken off the grill add more glaze if desired (snag a few pics) and ENJOY.