Recipe:Lou’s Peach Cobbler
- - 5 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- - 1 C. and 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- - ¼ C. brown sugar
- - 1 C. sugar
- - 1 Tsp. baking powder
- - 1 Tsp. lemon juice
- - ½ Tsp. grated lemon peel
- - ½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
- - ¼ Tsp. salt
- - ¼ Tsp. ground nutmeg
- - 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- - ½ C. butter, melted
1. Pre-heat grill to 375°F. Combine brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
2. Place sliced peaches in a large cast iron pot with a lid and sprinkle sugar mixture over top. Do not stir.
3. Transfer to grill and allow to cook at 375°F for 10 minutes.
4. While peaches are cooking, make the dough. Add 1 C. flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, egg and melted butter to a food processor, pulse to combine and mix well until a dough forms.
5. Remove peaches from grill, tear dough into medium to large pieces and place over top of peaches until covered. Replace lid and return to grill.
6. Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
To serve, scoop onto a plate and top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!