Recipe:Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese
- - (2) 8oz. lobster tails
- - 1 lb. Cavatappi or elbow macaroni
- - 1 qt. milk
- - 1 stick unsalted butter, divided
- - ½ C. all-purpose flour
- - 12 oz. Gruyere cheese, grated
- - 8 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar, grated
- - 1½ C. breadcrumbs
- - ½ Tsp. black pepper
- - ½ Tsp. nutmeg
- - Kosher salt, to taste
1. Butterfly the lobster. To do this, use a sharp knife or kitchen shears to split the lobster shell all the way to the tail. Slice the meat in half along the cut line on the shell, being careful not to slice through the lobster. Open the lobster shell-side down, lay it flat and brush with butter.
2. Place lobster on the grill, meat side down at 375°F for 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill for another 6-7 minutes.
3. While lobster is grilling, make the Mac ‘n cheese. Lobster is done when internal temperature reaches 135°F.
4. Remove lobster from grill and allow to cool. Scoop meat from shells and roughly chop.
Mac ‘n cheese
1. Pour oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, 6-8 minutes. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan until hot, being careful not to boil it. Whisk together 6 Tbsp. butter and flour in a large pot. Add hot milk and cook for 1-2 minutes, until thickened and smooth.
3. Remove from heat and add cheese, 1 Tbsp. salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well. Spoon mixture into cast iron pan.
4. Melt the remaining butter, stir in breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top. Place pan on the grill at 375°F and bake for 30- 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is lightly browned on top.