Lil J's Grilled Chicago Chili
Prep Time: 25 Min | Cook Time: 2.5 Hrs
- 1 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 3 4-6 Garlic Cloves
- 4 1 Green Pepper
- 5 1 Red Pepper
- 6 2 Large Onions
- 7 2 Anaheim Peppers
- 8 15 to 20 Fresh Tomatoes
- 9 3-4 Bay Leaves
- 10 Cayenne Pepper to Taste
- 11 3 Tablespoons of Flour
- 12 32 oz Beef Stock
- 13 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 14 3-4 Teaspoons of Paprika
- 15 3-4 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
- 16 3-4 Teaspoons of Italian Seasoning
- 17 1 Teaspoon Beef Bouillon Flavor
- 18 3-4 Tablespoons of Sazon
- 19 2 Teaspoons of Cajun/Creole Seasoning
- 20 1 Can Pinto Beans, Drained and Rinsed
Char-Griller Ambassador James Llorens took his tried and true chili recipe to the grill for a new twist on a classic.
From James: "My chili recipe is one of my favorites. I’ve been making chili for quite some time now but have always made on the stove in my kitchen. I started making Chili and invented my own recipe while living in Chicago so we could have it for football game days.
It’s great for large gatherings and always hits the spot. Chili goes a long way in my house for various meals or if I make it for large gathering it goes and fills up everyone quickly. This time I decided to take my chili recipe to the grill. Taking it to the grill was fun and it brought amazing bbq flavor to it. The charred veggies and smoked meat was absolutely delicious and definitely worth a try.
All the flavors came together nicely and this chili warmed and filled me up. I’ll be making this on the grill for years to come."