Grilled Pumpkin Pie with Smoked Gingersnap Crust
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 45 to 60 Min
- 1 15 Gingersnaps
- 2 5 Whole Graham Crackers, Broken Apart
- 3 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 4 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 5 1 - 15 oz Can Pumpkin Puree
- 6 1 - 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 7 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 8 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 9 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 10 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 11 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
We bet you’ve never thought of smoking pie crust. Not only does this pumpkin pie recipe have a smoked crust, the crust is also made out of gingersnaps and graham crackers. A double dose of unexpected flavor, this Grilled Pumpkin Pie recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
1. Add charcoal and a handful of mesquite wood chips to AKORN. Add the Smokin’ Stone and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Place metal tin of gingersnaps and graham crackers on the grill.
3. Allow the cookies to smoke for 15 minutes.
4. Combine gingersnaps, brown sugar and butter into a food processor and process to moist crumbs.
5. Spoon crumbs into a greased pie pan and press into pan to form crust.
6. Return pie pan to grill and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
8. While crust is cooling, whisk together pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and spices until combined.
9. Pour mixture into crust.
10. If desired, place foil around edges of crust to protect it from burning.
11. Return pie to grill and cook for an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
12. Cool and serve with whipped cream.