Grilled Pumpkin Chili
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 2 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 4 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 5 1 Chipotle Pepper with Adobe Sauce, Finely Chopped
- 6 1 Pound Grilled Pumpkin Flesh
- 7 2.5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 8 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 9 1.5 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 10 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 11 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 12 1 tsp Ground Pepper
- 13 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 14 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 15 1 Bay Leaf
A great dish for fall, this Grilled Pumpkin Chili Recipe has lots of spice and flavor. Ground pork, peppers, onion, and spices like cumin and cinnamon come together to make the perfect savory fall dish. Serve in the hollowed out pumpkin to make it extra festive.
1. Place ground pork in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, garlic, chipotle and pumpkin and cook until pork is browned and vegetables become tender.
2. Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, cayenne and cinnamon. Mix. Add chicken broth and vinegar, mix well, add bay leaf. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Slice pumpkins in half to form “bowls,” scoop out the strings and seeds, brush with olive oil, and grill until tender with grill marks. Serve!