Gravity 980 Smoked Pork Shoulder
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 3-4 Hrs
- 1 1 7-9 Lb. Pork Shoulder, trimmed
- 2 3 Tbsp of Yellow Mustard
- 3 2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 4 2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 5 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 6 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 7 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 8 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 9 1 Cup of Apple Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 1/2 Cup of Water
No more babysitting your pork shoulder with the Gravity 980. Easily prepare an awesome pork shoulder for stellar dishes like sandwiches, mac and cheese or even nachos.
- In a small bowl, combine seasonings, and in a spray, bottle combine apple cider/juice and water.
- Thoroughly rub mustard all over the surface of your pork shoulder then coat with all the seasonings.
- Remove the fire shutter from your Gravity 980 then light and load the hopper. Set the temperature to 225-250°F.
- Place your pork shoulder on the grill, close the lid and smoke it for 3 hours without opening the lid.
- Spray the shoulder generously with spray bottle mixture then continue to do so every hour for the next 3-4 hours until the shoulder reaches 200-205°F. Optionally, once the fat on top splits open, you may wrap the shoulder in butcher paper or aluminum foil for the duration of the cook.
- Remove from the smoker and allow it to rest for 1 hour before removing the bone and shredding. Enjoy!