Gravity 980 Smoked Mac & Cheese
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 1-2 Min
- 1 6 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 3 Tbsp of Flour
- 3 3 Cups of Milk
- 4 6 Cups of Shredded Cheese of your choice
- 5 Kosher Salt
- 6 Black Pepper
- 7 2 Tsp of Paprika
- 8 4 Cups of Elbows, Macaroni, cooked
- 9 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
Smokey and cheesy goodness. What more could you possibly want from the perfect mac and cheese? Prepare your family’s new favorite side dish, Smoked Mac and Cheese, with the Gravity 980.
- Remove the fire shutter from your Gravity 980 before loading the hopper and lighting it. Set the temperature to 400°F. Place an aluminum or cast-iron pan on the grates.
- Melt your butter in the pan before whisking in flour and whisking until smooth. Add the milk and continue whisking until the mixture thickens. Add 4 cups of shredded cheese and continue stirring the mixture.
- Reduce the heat to 225-250°F, and once the temperature begins to drop, stir in the macaroni and mix together with cheese mixture. Top with the remaining shredded cheese before closing the lid and smoking for 1-2 hours, depending on desired smokey flavor.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!