Flat Iron® Lime Chicken and Mango Salsa Quesadillas
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 1 Lb of Chicken Breast, Shredded or Sliced into thin Strips or Bite sized pieces
- 2 1 Tsp of Salt
- 3 1 Tsp of Pepper
- 4 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 5 1 Tsp of Cumin
- 6 1 Tsp of Parsley
- 7 1/2 Tsp of Paprika
- 8 1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 9 1 1/2 Tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice
- 10 1 1/2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 11 2 Mangoes, Diced (If not ripe/sweet enough, may add small drizzle of Honey)
- 12 1 Red Pepper (Diced)
- 13 1/4 Cup of Cilantro (Chopped)
- 14 1 Tsp of Fresh Lime Juice
- 16 3 Cups of Pepper Jack, Monterrey Jack, Colby Jack or Mexican Blend Cheese(Your Choice)
- 17 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- 18 2 Tbsp of Butter for Pan
Perfect for an easy family dinner, this Lime Chicken and Mango Salsa Quesadilla recipe puts a vibrant spin on a cheesy favorite with the addition we never knew we needed: sweet, fresh fruit. We’re bringing the taste of street food to your very own backyard.
1. Preheat Flat Iron® to Medium Heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together chicken pieces, desired oil and all seasonings until every piece is coated.
3. Add chicken to griddle and saute 5-7 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned. Add lime juice and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from griddle.
4. In a small bowl, combine ingredients 10-15 for the mango salsa.
5. On a plate or tray, begin to assemble the quesadillas. Sprinkle cheese to fully cover half of a flour tortilla, add seasoned chicken and salsa, top with more cheese and fold.
6. Reheating the griddle to Medium Heat, add 2 Tbsp of butter and allow it to melt down. Place tortillas on top of butter and flip every 2 minutes until cheese is melted and both sides reach desired crispiness.
7. Serve warm.