Flat Iron® Candied Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 25 Min
- 1 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 3 1 1/2 Cups of Honey
- 4 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 5 2 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 6 1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
Ready for a sweet addition to your dinner plate? Not just for Thanksgiving, this easy Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe can be prepared with ingredients likely already in your kitchen and is perfect for any night of the week.
1. Rinse and peel sweet potatoes. Cut them into small slices OR cubes.
2. Heat Flat Iron® to medium heat and melt butter.
3. Add sweet potatoes and stir occasionally until all are softened, remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Add cooked sweet potatoes and mix until all potatoes are coated.
5. Return griddle to medium heat and pour on the honey coated sweet potatoes. Stir around for about 3-4 minutes then reduce heat to low. Be sure to keep all the potatoes close together in a small pile (rather than spread out) and stir once or twice. Allow (about 10 minutes) for the honey mixture to become a nice glaze on the potatoes.
6. Serve hot.