Creole Smokin' Fried Wings
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 16-20 chicken wings
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Creole seasoning
- 3 1/2 Tbsp adobo seasoning
- 4 1 Tbsp sazón seasoning
- 5 12 oz. buffalo sauce
- 6 Olive Oil
- 7 All-vegetable shortening
1. Coat wings in even layer with olive oil in a large bowl or plastic bag
2. Season with Creole, Adobo & Sazón
3. Place wings in fridge for at least on hour to allow the seasoning to absorb into the wings.
4. Heat grill to 340˚F
5. Place wings in grill and smoke with apple wood chunks or your favorite
6. Smoke for 30 mins or until the wings reach internal temp of 140˚F
7. Remove wing and place in pan. Set aside pan.
8. Add charcoal to grill and get extremely hot for frying the wings in the cast iron skillet
9. Add all-vegetable shortening to cast iron skillet and then place on grill allowing to heat up
10. Place small batch of wings into skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes or until crispy
11. Remove from skillet and place on baking rack in pan
12. Warm your favorite buffalo sauce
13. Toss wings in warmed buffalo sauce
14. Serve with ranch or blue cheese, carrots, and celery.