Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 1-1.5 Hrs
- 1 6-8 Lb. Bone In Rib Roast
- 2 Coarse Salt
- 3 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 1/2 Cup Fresh Chopped Thyme & Rosemary 50/50 (3-4 rosemary Sprigs For Garnish)
- 5 Coarse Pepper
- 6 Char-Griller Steak Seasoning
The best way to Roast a Beast. This is a party favorite have all your guest drooling!
- Prepare roast by Frenching the bones. Cut a line along the top of the roast 2-2.5” from the end of the bones. Using a filet knife, cut the end piece of meat/fat off. Run your knife along the bones to ensure it is completely removed. Cut out the remaining meat in between the bones that are left exposed. Scrape any leftover meat off the bones to leave them as clean as possible. Holding the exposed bones, run your knife against the bones and carefully cut the roast off of the bones.
- Cut a piece of butcher twine to wrap around the roast in between and outside each bone. Using the coarse salt, liberally season the entire roast all around. Once seasoned, place the roast back on the bones and secure the roast with the butcher twine. Place the roast in the fridge uncovered overnight.
- Remove the roast and butter from the fridge 1-1.5 hours prior to smoking. Once the butter has softened, chop the thyme and rosemary and mix into the butter. Spread the herb butter over the entire roast and season with steak seasoning and top with rosemary sprigs.
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees for indirect cooking. Smoke roast over cherry wood until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees internal.
- Remove from smoker and rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing. Serve with fresh creamy horseradish sauce and your favorite sides and enjoy!