Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min
- 1 3 Chicken Breast (Cut in Half)
- 2 1 Yellow Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 3 1-2 Bell Peppers (Thinly Sliced)
- 4 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (Freshly Grated)
- 5 6 Medium Tortillas
- 6 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 7 1 Tsp Ground Chili Powder
- 8 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 9 1 Tsp Salt
- 10 1 Tsp Pepper
- 11 2 Tbl Olive Oil or Avocado oil
Aubrey Johansen has been using the Char-Griller Flat Iron Gas Griddle for a while, and lets say she is in love! The four separate heat panels helped her cook everything at once, without overcooking a single ingredient.I turned taco Tuesday into quesadilla night, cooking the chicken breast, fajita peppers & onions, and crisping the tortillas, all on the Flat Iron. Let’s dig in!
1. Heat your Char-Griller Flat Iron Gas griddle to medium heat, and spread avocado oil across the surface with tongs and a towel.
2. Turn the first section to high heat. Toss chicken breast in cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt, & pepper. Lay chicken on first section, over high heat, and cook 4 minutes per side.
3. Add onions and peppers to Flat Iron, and cook over medium until softened and cooked through.
4. After flipping the chicken breast, finally add the tortillas to the Flat Iron Griddle, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Add a cooked chicken breast to each tortilla and a serving of the peppers & onions, folding each tortilla over the filling in half to make a moon shaped quesadilla.
5. Serve as is, or with a side salad. Enjoy!