Cherry Smoked Sweet Heat Chicken Lollipops
Prep Time: 30 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 6-12 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Sweet Heat BBQ Rub
- 3 Olive Oil
- 4 Hot BBQ Sauce
- 5 Apple Cider Vinegar
These Cherry Smoked Sweet Heat Chicken Lollipops are perfect for your next grilling session! Perfectly combining savory, sweet, and smoky, this recipe will have you wanting more.
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees. Using a sharp knife, make a cut all the way around the drumstick about 1" below the exposed bone end. Use a towel and pull off the skin fully exposing the end bone. Use scissors to cut any tendons showing off. Repeat for all drumsticks.
- Lightly coat the drumsticks with olive oil and season the drumsticks with hot BBQ rub. Smoke using cherry wood for one hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Mix hot BBQ sauce with apple cider vinegar at a 4:1 ratio.
- When the drumsticks have reached 165 degrees, dunk them in the BBQ sauce mixed with apple cider vinegar and fully submerge. Allow any excess to drip off and return to the smoker for another 5-10 minutes for the sauce to set.
- Once the sauce on the chicken has set, remove your glossy chicken lollipops to a cutting board or serving tray and enjoy!