Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 40 Min
- 1 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 2 thick slices Mozzarella cheese
- 3 Sliced tomatoes
- 4 Fresh basil, chopped, to taste
- 5 Beef/steak all-purpose sauce
- 6 Steak BBQ rub
- 7 Salt and pepper, to taste
Capture the last rays of summer with these Caprese Burgers. Piled high with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and covered with basil leaves and some balsamic, these burgers are the perfect weeknight meal.
1. Place ground beef in large bowl and season with Steak BBQ rub, or your favorite rub, to taste and sauce. Add salt and pepper if needed. Mix all ingredients by hand until just blended.
2. Form 1” thick patties and place on a wax paper lined tray. Place tray with patties in refrigerator and allow to chill for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place burgers on the grill at 375°F for 6 minutes per side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks.
4. Cover each burger with 3-4 basil leaves and top with a tomato slice. Add mozzarella cheese and allow to melt. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F. To serve, top with condiments of choice and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!