- - 1 lb. ground beef
- - 2 thick slices Mozzarella cheese
- - Sliced tomatoes
- - Fresh basil, chopped, to taste
- - Beef/steak all-purpose sauce
- - Steak BBQ rub
- - Salt and pepper, to taste
2. Form 1” thick patties and place on a wax paper lined tray. Place tray with patties in refrigerator and allow to chill for 10-15 minutes.
3. Place burgers on the grill at 375°F for 6 minutes per side, with a quarter turn halfway through for good sear marks.
4. Cover each burger with 3-4 basil leaves and top with a tomato slice. Add mozzarella cheese and allow to melt. Burgers are done when internal temperature reaches 165°F. To serve, top with condiments of choice and enjoy!
Recipes developed in partnership with our friends, Ken & Patti Fisher at Date Night Doin’s. Visit their website at www.datenightdoins.com for BBQ and smoking recipes, videos, product reviews, and all things BBQ!