Buffalo Lemon Shrimp
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 12 Min
- 1 Raw Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined - 1 Pound
- 2 Hot Sauce (I Use Buffalo Sauce for this Recipe) - 3 Tablespoons
- 3 Minced Garlic - 1 Tablespoon
- 4 Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- 5 Juiced Lemon - 1
- 6 Lemon Cut Into Wedges for Serving - 1
- 7 Salt to Taste
Ambassador Aubrey Johansen loves buffalo chicken wings any time of the year, but living in Florida has given her amazing access to locally caught shrimp, and it’s usually on sale.
Taking advantage of seasonal ingredients is the name of the game, so for the remainder of the summer, chicken wings are going to have to move aside. If you haven’t been grilling shrimp this season, now is the time. She loves to use charcoal for this recipe, as shrimp cook quickly and charcoal flame provides so much flavor in such a short amount of time. Let’s dig in!
1. Light your charcoal in your chimney and wait until the bricks are glowing red and ashy around the edges. Dump under the grates of your Char-Griller Grill, and close the lid, letting the grates heat for 5-10 minutes.
2. While grill is heating, toss shrimp with buffalo sauce, minced garlic, the juice of one lemon, olive oil, and plenty of salt. Let marinate on the counter for a few minutes.
3. Once the grill is heated, spray the grates with non-stick spray, and lay your shrimp and lemon wedges out to cook. Grill on each side for 2 minutes, until some deep char marks form, and they are curled up and a beautiful vibrant pink color.
4. Serve on a large tray with grilled lemon wedges and an extra sprinkle of salt! These are super delicious on a salad, in a taco, or as the main dish at your next barbecue! Happy Grilling.