Buffalo Honey Drip Pan Grilled Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 75 Min
- 1 Whole Chicken Wings: 12-14
- 2 Olive Oil
- 3 Char-Griller Grills Lemon Pepper: to taste
- 4 Kosher Salt: to taste
- 5 Buffalo Sauce: 12 oz.
- 6 Butter: 3 tbsp
- 7 Honey: to taste
- 8 Char-Griller Grills Drip Pan
- 9 Lump Charcoal & Hickory Smoking Wood
These Buffalo Honey Drip Pan Grilled Chicken Wings are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy! Any chicken wings fan is sure to love this recipe!
- Rinse chicken wings with cold water and pat dry.
- Trim/remove excess fat, skin and feathers.
- Remove the chicken wing tip and separate the drum from the flat.
- Place the wings in the drip pan.
- Apply a coating of olive oil to all sides of the chicken wings.
- Add lemon pepper seasoning & kosher salt to the chicken wings. Season to taste.
- Heat up the grill/smoker with lump charcoal to 340°-340° with one-two pieces of smoking wood on top of the cooking grate over the fire.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill opposite side of the fire.
- Flip wings every 10 minutes.
- Warm the buffalo sauce in a pan with butter and honey.
- Cook the chicken wings to internal temperature of 145°.
- Remove the wings from the drip pan and grill over the hot charcoal to internal temperature of 165°.
- Place the wings into the drip pan and pour the honey buffalo sauce onto the wings and place them back on the grill/smoker for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!