Bourbon Maple Grilled Wings
Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 1 Hrs
- 1 3 Lbs Chicken Wing Sections
- 2 Char-Griller Chicken Rub - 3 Tbsp
- 3 Butter - 1 Tbsp
- 4 Finely Diced Onion - 2 Tbsp
- 5 1/2 Cup Bourbon Whiskey
- 6 3/4 Cup Grade-A Maple Syrup
- 7 Tomato Paste - 2 Tbsp
- 8 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 9 A Drop of Hot Sauce
- 10 Char-Griller Chicken Rub - 1.5 Tbsp (For Sauce)
Football Sundays are upon us! What better way to announce it's arrival than an appetizer made for the fall season! This Bourbon Maple Grilled Wings is perfect for a quick and easy game day snack. Let's hurry up and tackle this recipe before kickoff!
1. Make Sauce: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Add onion. Allow to cook for 4 minutes, stirring once.
2. Add whiskey, maple syrup, tomato paste, rosemary, Char-Griller Chicken Rub, and hot sauce. Use whisk to combine. Bring heat to low and simmer for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to let cool.
3. Rinse wings and pat dry with paper towel. Coat all sides of wings with Char-Griller Chicken Rub. (Tip: Use binder like a light coating of vegetable oil or mustard to help rub stick.
4. Prepare gas side of Char-Griller Texas Trio for indirect heat. Ignite the center burner and turn to high. Leave left and right burners in the off position.
5. Place wings on left and right side of the center burner. Keep smaller wings further away from the flame.
6. Close lid and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
7. Flip wings over and cook for another 20 minutes.