All American Blended Burger
Prep Time: 20 Min | Cook Time: 15 Min
- 1 80/20 Ground Chuck - 3 Ounces
- 2 Baby Portabella Mushrooms - 1 Ounce
- 3 Tomato - 1
- 4 Green Leaf Lettuce - 1 Head
- 5 Ketchup - 1 Tablespoon
- 6 Mayonnaise - 1 Tablespoon
- 7 Char-Griller Steak Rub - 2 Tablespoons
- 8 Brioche Bun
Blended burgers have been popping up on menus all over the United States. The James Beard Foundation started the concept as a challenge to restaurants to use less beef in their burgers.
We challenged our ambassadors to do the same. Here is Steve Dotson, Cookout Coach's take!
1. Chop mushrooms into pieces roughly the size of the grind of the beef.
2. Mix mushrooms and beef together and form a patty.
3. Bring your AKORN up to roughly 600 degrees.
4. Place the burger patty on the grill and season top side with 1 Tbsp of Char-Griller steak rub and let cook for four minutes.
5. Flip the burger, season the now top side with 1 Tbsp of Char-Griller steak rub, continue cooking until an internal temp of 140 degrees is reached.
6. Remove the burger from the grill to let rest. While resting place your bun on the grill to toast. After toasting apply mayo to the bottom bun and ketchup to the top.
7. Add cheese to the burger if desired and build burger from the bottom up as bun, burger, tomato slice, green leaf lettuce top bun and enjoy.